JUST SO YOU KNOW #3 (Rarely discussed biblical laws)

01 Sep

There are more laws than just The Ten Commandments listed in the Bible, some of the ones featured in Leviticus 19  (NIV)  are the least known or discussed; in my opinion.  And it’s not that we are ignorant of these laws, it’s just we know so much more than what’s true.  So, here are a few, Just So You Know!

Stand up in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God.

Just so you know: “The young man pities his elders, fearing the day he, too, will join their ranks.  The elderly man pities the younger generation, well-knowing the trials, and tribulations that lie ahead of them.”  Linda I Fisher

Do not turn to mediums or seek spirits, for you will be defiled by them.

These types of teachings come from a brand of religion called new ageist, and it has nothing to do with Christianity.

Just so you know:  When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritualist, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God?  Why consult the dead on behalf of the living?   Isaiah 8:19  NIV)

Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind.

Just so you know:  When you react to someone in a negative way because they are different, you miss out on their abilities, beauty, and uniqueness.

Do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great.

Just so you know:  As Christians, we are supposed to be imitators of Christ.  And if you really keep the law you will  “Love your neighbor” as yourself.   James 2:8

Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves.

Just so you know:  The life of the dead should only be placed in the memory of the living; there he can live on as a great man.  And tattoos are like burns; they can never be removed.

FYI:  A young woman showed me a tattoo of a rosebud on her left breast.  As an elderly woman, I told her if she reaches my age, that rosebud will have turned into a long stem rose; if you get my drift.   🙂

Thank you, Lord, for the wisdom you have afforded us, and it is in Jesus name that we pray.  Amen

Want more, join this blog for updates at norvielcherry.com or send an e-mail to norviep2@att.net

The story of my life, I Survived 60 Years to Get Cancer, Then Kill It./ The Norvie L. Cherry Story is full of the unexpected and is available at xulonpress.com/bookstore  The e-book is available at amazon.com/bookstore

Thank you and continue to be all you can be.

707 Comments

Posted by on September 1, 2015 in Something To Think About

707 responses to “JUST SO YOU KNOW #3 (Rarely discussed biblical laws)

1. Judson

June 16, 2022 at 10:00 am

Touche. Great arguments. Keep up the amazing effort.

2. Milla

June 17, 2022 at 6:25 am

Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your articles.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?
    Thank you!

3. Wilda

June 18, 2022 at 12:19 pm

Hello Dear, are you truly visiting this web page daily, if so then you will
    definitely obtain fastidious experience.

4. Bridgette

June 19, 2022 at 7:24 am

What’s up, the whole thing is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that’s
    in fact good, keep up writing.

5. Jocelyn

June 21, 2022 at 4:07 am

Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due to no back up.
    Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

6. Marian

June 21, 2022 at 5:52 pm

Just want to say your article is as astounding.
    The clearness in your post is just spectacular and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

7. Bobbye

June 21, 2022 at 7:48 pm

Everything is very open with a very clear description of the challenges.
    It was truly informative. Your website is very useful.

Many thanks for sharing!