ARE WE TRYING TO KILL OURSELVES?

22 May

Do not be a fool–why die before your time.   Ecclesiastes 7:17  KJV

Sometimes we want what we want even when we know it will kill us.  Cigarettes, bad relationships, dope; why are we so self-destructive?  Is it the fact that some of us are unteachable?  Perhaps, but what about the ones that are?

I’m not trying to knock anyone for what they do.  I smoked cigarettes for over forty years and was never able to stop until I smoked one after a mastectomy.  The pain race across the left side of my chest, and sent me to the hospital with an infection.  I found out the hard way that after any kind of surgery, nicotine will not let us heal.

It’s Something to Think About!

I was one of the lucky ones if you want to call it that.  I got Cancer from too much Estrogen.  Perhaps cigarettes would have killed me if I didn’t quit first; I learned that the hard way too; it was the pain that woke me up.  Thousands upon thousands stop smoking every day–by dying.

FYI: It’s best to avoid needles and all other ways to use drugs.  The only dope worth shooting is Satan.

Nothing is perfect, especially in relationships, so perhaps we should take into consideration; is the one hurting you worth suffering over?  When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.  Maya Angelou   The choice is yours; the wrong decision may kill you…

Self-destruction is another way of saying we are sabotaging our life.  Even if we keep our destructive nature on the inside after a while it will eat its way out.  The truth of the matter is we rely on our self-destructive nature.  One reason for that is it offers immediate payoffs, even when the foundation is at best shaky .

There are seeds of unhappiness in all of us that will bear only unhappiness if allowed to grow.   Dorothea Brande

I understand by avoiding the use of cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs, you can be yourself; no more crutches.  Who knows, perhaps that can make you out to be quite interesting, instead of being haughty?  (Disdainfully proud; snobbish; scornfully arrogant, a larger than life attitude.  Want more?  Disgusting, and acting as if you’re better than the rest of us.

There are steps involved when it comes to a self-destructive nature…We just have to recognize that and understand, Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.   Proverbs 16:18

We can change our ways and live in peace with ourselves, but first we must understand the hardest part of the journey is believing we are worthy.  Accomplish that and you are on your way to glory, instead of an early grave.

For him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.  For the living know that they shall die; but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.   Ecclesiastes 9:4-5

Thank you Lord for teaching us to value ourselves and others by taking away those things that are meant to harm us.  In Jesus name we pray.  Amen

Join this blog at: norvielcherry.com, or e-mail me at: norviep2@att.net

Take the journey with me as you read I Survived 60 Years to Get Cancer, Then Kill It./The Norvie L. Cherry Story.  Get your copy at: xulonpress.com/bookstore, or the E-book at: amazon.com/bookstore

4,759 responses to “ARE WE TRYING TO KILL OURSELVES?

1. Leilani

August 26, 2020 at 5:36 pm

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how could
    i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
    I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

2. Michell

September 10, 2020 at 5:13 pm

My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the
    expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less.

I’ve been using WordPress on various websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform.
    I have heard great things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content
    into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

3. Shayna

September 10, 2020 at 7:07 pm

I think the admin of this web page is really working hard in favor of his web
    site, for the reason that here every stuff is quality based information.

4. Chelsey

September 10, 2020 at 8:01 pm

My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was totally right.
    This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how
    much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

5. Terrell

September 26, 2020 at 4:41 pm

Hey! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post
    reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept talking about
    this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read.
    Many thanks for sharing!

6. Kisha

October 13, 2020 at 12:26 pm

Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was
    wanting to know your situation; we have developed some nice procedures and we are looking to exchange methods with others, why not shoot
    me an e-mail if interested.

7. Vivien

October 13, 2020 at 12:37 pm

Good day! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if
    you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one?

Thanks a lot!

8. Zenaida

October 13, 2020 at 12:43 pm

That is a very good tip especially to those
    fresh to the blogosphere. Brief but very precise info…
    Thanks for sharing this one. A must read article!

9. Alissa

October 20, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Good day! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that
    would be ok. I’m undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.