IT’S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE “BENJAMIN’S.”

16 Jan

Greed: An excessive or rapacious (predatory) desire, especially for wealth or possessions.  I always wanted my wealth in cash.  Now I know it’s not all about the “Benjamin’s” (money); It’s about the “Ripple Effects.”

The unexpected twist turns, and hurt on levels so deep they rival Mt. St. Helen’s eruption.  (A volcano in Washington State.)  Greed is a “Never-ending Story” of wants; a hunger of never being satisfied, exhausting ourselves through stupidity in order to gain more.

Taking chances, forsaking family, friends and God, all for the sake of something we will never get enough of.  Greed, one of the 7 “deadly sin,” and it creates insatiable desires, purposely designed to keep us hungry for more.  Now, when it comes to greed the “ole folks” want to know,  “If we had everything, where would we put it?”   A hint that more problems are waiting in the wings, preparing to help us create our own personal Hell.

Trapped because of objects.  Physical things that have and can suck us up into a life that has seduced us like powerful drugs, including making the  “Scrooges”  of today look like a bunch of girl scouts overnight.  All because that’s how fast the world is evolving with all this new Technology.  “I want one,” is coming out of more than the “mouths of babes.”

We are so greedy we are losing our capacity to work with each other.  Did you know, “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others.  Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me?”

Pertaining to that last sentence, I have uttered those greedy words on more than one occasion; you?

Recently a selfish act sent me to my knees in tears.  It had nothing to do with inheritances, for that was given.  So, there was no need for theft, there was no pushing to give up control.  Greed was the culprit of this selfish and cruel act; an act that zapped the Life out of someone I loved.

An act so greedy that the greedy one never realized they didn’t need to take anything, it was already given to them.

A very old woman called “Sweetie,” who was of sound mind until she made the decision to hand over control of her assets to a loved one.  Power of Attorney papers was filed on her behalf, and the family members had no prior knowledge of this 92-year-old mother’s decision to relinquish control over her life.  It was all about Love, and she thought it would make it easier for her family to care for her.

For the relative who gained control over her finances, it was all about Greed.  Not about a mother well up in age, far above the age most live.  Being of sound mind, but as far as mobility was concerned there was a problem with her legs.

After a few months of not being able to reach her, I made some decisions that paid off.  While complaining in a text message to one of her family members, I informed them that I was having too many problems trying to contact her and that I was concerned enough to seek professional answers about her well-being.

Well, needless to say, after that threat I received a call and a phone number.  Finally, when I was able to talk with this old woman, she told me the phone she was given is so complicated she had no idea of how to call out, and I was the only one who ever called her on it.

Now, there is nothing wrong with the facility where she is housed.  The problem is everything was given in hopes of a more stress-free and comfortable life, all because she felt as if the end was near.  Instead, nothing was to be shared with her to the point that when she asked for a few dollars to buy Christmas presents, she was told she didn’t need to spend money on anything, any more in life.

When she gave up control of her assets, this mother was abandoned in a nursing home with only the necessities.  What about the quality of one’s life is what I wanted to know.  I felt as if they threw her away.

A victim of  “The Ripple Effects,”  that was created by Greed, and it trickled straight down to the low down.  How low can we go?  To me, its seems as if some will go as far as it takes.  All the way to Hell in some cases.

To make matters worse, the family member with all the control is an old man long past his prime and is financially stable.  It was  “All About the Benjamin’s.”  For some, this story is mild when compared to some of the other horrors.  Kidnappings, rape, murder, all committed in the name of greed.

Nor cheats (swindlers and thieves), nor greedy graspers, nor drunkards, nor loudmouthed revelers and slanders, nor extortioners and robbers, will inherit or have any share in the Kingdom of God.  1st Corinthians 6:10  (AMP)

I often wonder if anyone ever notices most people are not in the lease shocked by greed, theft or deceit.  Are we losing touch with human emotions for physical satisfaction?   “It’s Something to Think About.”

Lord, we pray you take the bitter taste of greed out of our lives and the future of those to come.  In Jesus name, we pray.  Amen

I Survived 60 Years to Get Cancer, Then Kill It./The Norvie L. Cherry Story: xulonpress.com/bookstore or get your E-book at amazon.com/bookstore

Join this Blog at norvielcherry.com, norvielcherry.wordpress.com, or e-mail me at norviepe2@att.net

FYI: Please respect our children, this is a child-friendly website.  Thank you for your concern.

Posted by on January 16, 2015 in Something To Think About

2,313 responses to “IT’S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE “BENJAMIN’S.”

1. popular ipad apps

May 25, 2018 at 9:12 am

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.
    I’m quite certain I’ll learn a lot of new stuff
    right here! Best of luck for the next!

2. web hosting services provider

May 26, 2018 at 7:01 am

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something that I think I
    would never understand. It seems too complicated
    and very broad for me. I’m looking forward for your
    next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

3. phone numbers

May 26, 2018 at 11:41 pm

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that
    it’s really informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels.
    I will appreciate if you continue this in future.
    Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

4. samsung galaxy s plus price

May 28, 2018 at 3:43 am

I always used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user
    of net thus from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.

5. www.yopougon.ci

May 29, 2018 at 5:55 am

Inspiring story there. What occurred after? Thanks!

6. baide.8www.cn

June 1, 2018 at 11:06 am

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout
    of your website. It’s a very easy on the eyes which
    makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit
    more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?

Excellent work!

7. Febres

June 2, 2018 at 1:13 am

I have to inspire that you go on the wonderful threads, have a pleasant saturday and sunday!

8. Herstad

June 7, 2018 at 7:39 pm

My partner and i had been inquisitive should you ever regarded as modifying this layout of one’s site? Its wonderfully published; I like just what youve have got to claim. Although you could somewhat more in the form of information and so persons might meet up with it better. You’ve bought for the better involving word pertaining to only possessing a single or maybe a couple of pictures. Maybe you could area it available better?

9. at home medical trans

June 10, 2018 at 12:15 am

Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same page
    layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

10. http://sysworxs.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php/Locating_No-Fuss_Programs_Of_Auto_Glass

June 13, 2018 at 6:24 am

Right away I am going away to do my breakfast, later than having my breakfast
    coming again to read other news.

11. definition of blog

June 16, 2018 at 8:52 am

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have have in mind your stuff previous to and
    you are just too wonderful. I actually like what you’ve bought right here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which in which you are saying it.

You make it enjoyable and you still care for to stay it wise.
    I can’t wait to learn much more from you. That is
    actually a great site.

12. hotels st leonards

June 17, 2018 at 2:40 pm

Can I simply just say what a comfort to find somebody
    who really knows what they are talking about on the internet.
    You certainly know how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
    More and more people must read this and understand this side of the story.

I can’t believe you’re not more popular given that you certainly have the
    gift.

13. cheap htc incredible s

June 18, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a entirely different topic but it has pretty
    much the same page layout and design. Great choice of
    colors!