THE COUSINS: ENVY AND JEALOUSY

26 Oct

“The cousins: Envy and Jealousy”  have similar traits.  The kind that can send disappointment and sorrow coursing through our bodies at an alarming rate.  Spreading vengeance and hate that can spiral out of control and no one wins, especially the hater.

A person intent on living in the world through the accomplishments and blessings of others have no real sight of themselves.  Short-changing their own potential by not putting forth an effort concerning their God-giving talents.  “I wish I was like Mike,” instead of I am the best me, there is.

So, don’t get it twisted,  Mike’s life may not be that grand.  People only show us what they want us to see, causing some to see their Mike, and or things I cannot name through “rose-colored glasses.”

If we work as hard on our own lives as much as some do try to emulate someone’s else life, and successes, perhaps we can create the greatest reward within ourselves.  Who knows, with a little effort we may learn to love ourselves, especially if we can understand our feelings.

Envy: A feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another person advantages, success, possessions, etc..

Jealousy: Jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc..

It’s easy to compare those two emotions, and neither one of them is to our advantage.  What is for you is for you, so being envious or jealous of what belongs to another is not worth our time or energy.  Therefore, no matter how good that thing or person may look to our deceiving eyes, what is for them will never materialize for you.

We must understand that there is nothing someone else has that is designed for us.

When we covet (which is a deadly sin) what another has and try to be or do  ‘just like that,”  that thing is certain to fail.  And that failure is caused by a long list of this is how not to succeed.  Setting our goals based on what is in the life of others, wishing to have what they have is a waste, and that’s at a premium; Our precious time, never to be regained.

We all have our own unique style and needs.  “I knew you before I formed you in the belly.”  (Jeremiah  5:1)

Therefore, by doing someone else, we may never reach the level of success we are supposed to achieve, resulting in never reaching our full potential.  As I said before, “what is for you is for you,”  and that don’t include the theft of another one’s world.  We are all different, designed by the Master Planner, “Our Father which is in Heaven.”

When we desire the things of others, and try to take them by force, the punishment is quick, “Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy:”  (Jealousy)   Proverbs 27:4   You will fail.

Envy or jealousy, which ever we choose to call the cousins, who’s nickname’s happen to be, hate and greed, have been around since Cain killed Able.  As a matter of fact they are the reason for the murder of one brother visited upon the other.

Some have a sense of insecurities, wishing they had what is unobtainable to them, causing some to feel less than, and start to berate themselves, creating greater insecurities even in their personal relationships.

Some believe in keeping up with the Jones-es.  Buying that new toy, (cars, and all things we can’t afford, etc.) instead of paying out debt, causing us to deny or miss out on our own uniqueness.  (What’s for us.)

Those who practice jealousy will not inherit the Kingdom of God.”    Galatians 5:20-21

Jealousy is a pain in the craw, because when someone has something we don’t, that’s a direct problem with our faith.  Not trusting what Jesus promised.  We need Christ to change and deliver us from our fears of not having what we want and need, to deliver us from desiring the possessions of others.

In John 6:35, Christ tells us: I am the bread of life; he that come to me shall never hunger; and he the believe on me shall never thirst.  Meaning, all our needs will be met through our faith in Jesus Christ.

“Envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own.”  Harold Coffin

We must take into account, that to be envious coupled with happiness at the same time does not exist.  And understand,  “Envy has its advantages: it’s better to be envied than to be pitied.”  Herodotus

Pitied: A sympathetic or kindly sorrow evoked by the suffering, distress, or misfortune of another, often leading one to give aid to or show mercy.  I am looking for success, not pity and  “I pity the fool”  who is not.

In order to stay in right standing before God, there are some things we need to take into consideration and one of them is:

Envy and wrath shorten the life and carefulness bring age before the time.  Ecclesiastics 30:24  (King James Authorized Version.)

Beware: Envy, one of the Seven Deadly Sins. But you know that, don’t you?

Lord help us understand that the only thing we should desire are the things that are given to us by you,  In Jesus name we pray.

norvielcherry.com, norviep2@att.net, or norvielcherry.wordpress.com

Posted by on October 26, 2014 in Something To Think About

4,169 responses to “THE COUSINS: ENVY AND JEALOUSY

1. www.fabiomelismusic.com

November 12, 2017 at 9:26 am

Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due to no data backup.
    Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?

2. desert safari dubai

November 20, 2017 at 10:37 pm

Hello my friend! I want to say that this post is amazing, great written and come
    with approximately all significant infos. I’d like to peer more posts like this .

3. click

November 24, 2017 at 3:51 pm

What’s up colleagues, how is all, and what
    you wish for to say about this post, in my view its actually awesome in favor of me.

4. website

December 1, 2017 at 8:12 am

Amazing! Its really awesome paragraph, I have got much clear idea on the
    topic of from this piece of writing.

5. click

December 1, 2017 at 5:50 pm

I get pleasure from, lead to I discovered just what I was
    having a look for. You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt!
    God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

6. desert safari

December 6, 2017 at 3:32 am

Keep on working, great job!

7. denis.usj.es

December 13, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Hello there, I do believe your web site could be having browser
    compatibility issues. When I look at your
    web site in Safari, it looks fine however, when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping issues.
    I just wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Aside from
    that, fantastic site!

8. alcohol 120 with crack

December 16, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Appreciate it for this howling post, I am glad I observed this internet site on yahoo.

9. samsung tool 30.1

December 17, 2017 at 6:11 pm

I like this site because so much useful stuff on here : D.

10. Gladis Espinoza

December 28, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Hi to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more
    from this site, and your views are good in favor of new users.

11. Sabine Pippin

December 29, 2017 at 8:51 am

This is a topic that’s close to my heart… Best wishes! Where are your contact details though?

12. best VPS

December 29, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Great information. Lucky me I recently found your blog by accident (stumbleupon).
    I’ve book-marked it for later!

13. Orville

January 2, 2018 at 9:01 pm

I think this is one of the most significant information for me.

And i’m glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things, The site
    style is wonderful, the articles is really nice : D.
    Good job, cheers

14. Paris

January 4, 2018 at 7:14 pm

Hi my friend! I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include approximately all vital infos. I would like to see more posts like this.

15. Aimee Malley

January 7, 2018 at 10:20 pm

Awesome blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog
    stand out. Please let me know where you got your design. Cheers

16. Lemuel Schardt

January 8, 2018 at 7:32 pm

It is in point of fact a great and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you just shared this helpful
    information with us. Please keep us informed like
    this. Thank you for sharing.

17. website hosting

January 9, 2018 at 5:41 am

Because the admin of this web page is working, no doubt very shortly
    it will be famous, due to its quality contents.

18. Roseanna Gonzales

January 15, 2018 at 3:01 pm

Magnificent goods from you, man. I have remember your stuff prior to
    and you are simply extremely wonderful. I really like what you’ve got here, certainly like what you’re stating and the best way through which you say it.
    You’re making it entertaining and you continue
    to care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you.
    That is actually a terrific website.

19. domain

January 16, 2018 at 1:17 am

Peculiar article, just what I needed.